Since 1 June 2013, Continuing Professional Development has been a statutory requirement for registration with the Pharmaceutical Society NI. This means that all pharmacist registrants must submit a CPD portfolio on or before 31 May 2014 in compliance with our CPD standards.
The portal to online submission opens today, 1 April 2014.
Michelle McCorry, Post-registration Lead, commented,
“CPD has been an accepted norm of registrants practise in Northern Ireland for the last number of years. Today we see another step in its important journey with the introduction of compulsory CPD submission from all registrants. From 1 April 2014, registrants who have completed their CPD portfolio records can submit these online using the online portal, which is accessible via the NICPLD website at www.nicpld.org.
“In the majority of cases, we strongly encourage registrants to use the online recording system and to submit their CPD portfolios as early as possible to the Pharmaceutical Society NI.”
Giving further details Michelle McCorry said,
“Once submitted, registrants will receive a confirmation email informing them that their CPD submission has been successful. This ‘confirmation’ should be printed off and kept in their personal records.
“Once all registrants have submitted their portfolios, a sample will be selected and assessed. Those registrants whose portfolios have been selected for assessment will be notified either by email or letter by Friday 6 June 2014. Once the portfolios have been assessed, registrants will be notified of their results by the end of August 2014.”
“At this stage our key message to registrants is to submit their CPD portfolios as soon as possible to avoid any last minute glitches or problems.
“And finally I would also remind registrants it is good practice to print off a hard copy of all their CPD cycles for their personal records to keep along with their evidence of participation.”
Should a registrant experience any issues with the IT aspect of making a CPD submission please contact Michelle McCorry at Society House either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 028 90326927.
For further information please contact Mark Neale at the Pharmaceutical Society NI on
Notes to editors:
- The Pharmaceutical Society NI has produced seven CPD standards which may be accessed at www.psni.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/CPD-Framework-and-Standards-May-2013-11-7.pdf
- All CPD activity must be documented on the record forms prescribed by the Pharmaceutical Society NI and which can be accessed via www.psnionline.org.uk/CPDManual
- The Pharmaceutical Society NI will accept the submission of paper portfolios any time from 1 April until 31 May 2014.Should a registrant wish to submit a paper portfolio two copies must be submitted – one anonymised copy and one original copy with the registrant’s registration details. We do not routinely ask registrants to submit evidence of participation however we reserve the right to do so from time to time.We strongly advise that registrants send portfolios by special delivery and it is the registrant’s responsibility to ensure that all paper submissions reach the offices before the submission deadline, 31 May 2014.
- CPD resources are accessible via the website of the Pharmaceutical Society NI at www.psni.org.uk/
- The Pharmacy Forum offer facilitation support and details are available via their website at forum.psni.org.uk/